Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring/Easter Break Day 1

My first day of "break" was filled with work, but fun fulfilling work if that makes sense to any one who loves to get things done like me. First I just laid on the couch with Carys for about an hour and we watched mickey mouse and then some of the Today show which I love. It was great to snuggle with her and not have to worry about going in to work. She's such a love bug some times. Next it was off to getting things accomplished; we all painted Aurora's room together except for Carys because by the time we had it ready to paint it was time for her nap, but Liam and Aurora helped paint and they did a fantastic job at it! If you don't know what Aurora's room looked like it was adorable with different shades of pink made in to a checker pattern but that was four years ago and through those four years some how it ended up looking like a graffiti hang out spot...I wonder how that happened;) So she picked out a lovely shade of brown with some fun things that can stick to the wall I'll post a picture when it's complete.

Project #2 hang closet shelves. After moving our bedroom downstairs two years ago my husband finally put up our closet shelves yahoooooo! Which meant I was able to clean and organize some more which I actually enjoy doing.

Last project of the day: I stained my bathroom trim so that Brian can finally get it nailed to the wall.

So that was it. That's what my whole family worked on today. Not very exciting to other people but I am sure every one knows how great it feels to check things off your "to do" list.

3 comments:

susan said...

sounds massive and I know that in between all that you still cared for the children, fed people, did laundry, answered the phone, blah,blah,blah....a FULL day, have a great Easter :)

Mary said...

I can't wait to see it! You are so creative, I bet it looks so nice!

Mary said...

P.S. I am going to try and find a Superman book today!